Carefully read over the battery safety warnings before storing the AM1 battery and AM1.
Risk of injury from damaged battery
- Do not drop or mishandle the battery.
- If the battery is leaking or damaged move to a well ventilated area.
If you are planning not to use your AM1 for a long period, the following points should be noted before storage to prevent damage to your AM1 or degradation of your AM1 battery:
- Charge the battery to 60-80% of its capacity;
- Remove the battery from your AM1 before you store it;
- Do not leave the battery in an area where children and animals can reach it;
- Protect your AM1 battery from liquids;
- Store between the temperatures listed in the battery safety section. Ideally around 15°C;
- Make sure that the battery is not exposed to temperatures listed in the battery safety section during storage;
- If you plan to store the battery for over 3 months, make sure the battery is charged at least every 3-6 months. Again you should charge the battery to between 60-80% when recharging;
- Do not leave the battery plugged into the charger for long periods when the battery is fully charged;
- Make sure the charger is unplugged from the mains outlet when you have finished charging the battery up to 60-80%;
- Make sure the battery terminals on the base are protected from short circuit. Use some insulating tape to cover the terminals if you are unsure;
To store the AM1 itself:
- Ensure your AM1 is clean as per the cleaning page;
- Protect your AM1 from all environmental conditions: rain, snow, frost, dust and dirt during storage;
- Make sure it is insulated from major fluctuations in temperature;
- To keep the tyres in good condition, suspend your AM1 by hanging it from its frame;